This comment has been removed by the author.
I found out that he actually did not intend to start a pest control company but rather accidentally started it. He has also solved many problems related to pest control such as overcrowding of ants, crows, cockroaches and birds.I also learnt that we have to have some connections with other people from great companies in order to get endorsements or for help such as how Thomas Fernandez required the help of his friend who could transmit messages with the crow problem.
1} he never give up even though there were a lot of problems on the way. The most interesting thing i found about him is how he "almost" killed himself.I think i have benefitted in the way that i know that entrepreneurship can not be forced it has to be a accident , mistake or just an idea which just hit you like lightning
Sometimes inspirations come accidentally. He thinks critically and is innovative. I discovered that in his speech he adds in a lot of humour. Maybe it that is a vital component in order for a speech to be well presented.
He had said that he had been lead into this business as an accident. Even if he had not liked the idea of killing bugs as a job, or leading people to kill bugs as a job, he did it with pride and soon he began making money. He had innovated a lot in the field of pest-control like automated sprays to get rid of birds and other inventions for killing rats. I think what I have learnt today is about innovation and looking for opportunities to do it. When there is a problem, there is an opportunity for an innovation.
1)We should take advantage of the opportunity and seize the day. We should also not be afraid of taking certain risks. 2)I have learnt more about some marketing strategies and might be able to use them in the future. I also gained knowledge on the competition outside, and how to outshine the rest.
1. He never gave up although there were many forks along the way, including the part that the he found out chemical a+b+c+d kills himself instead of the pests. Through subsequent troubles that arise, he took this opportunity to create a new product to solve the problem. 2. I have learnt that, in order to start a successful business, one must never give up, no matter how hard or troublesome one's business is. Besides that, one must also find an appropriate spot to start their business, and if possible, bring one's business overseas.
1. Interesting notes/lessons learnt from Mr Thomas FernandezHe told us that his friend once asked him to mix chemical A,B and C together to kill friends. He mixed chemicals A,B,C and D and almost kill himself. I think he used this example to show us that we need knowledge too to become a entrepreneur.2. How have you benefited from the assembly talk?I have learnt that i will need a passion to become an entrepreneur. I will have to know my competitors in that industry well.
sorry i meant "a+b+c+d" kills pests
1. Interesting notes/lessons learnt from Mr Thomas Fernandez,His success is due to his ability to zone into problems and solve them pronto. His road to fame is also very accidental as he wanted to know how to kill pests. He is very determined as he is able to stay in a single industry and he never gave up on his career. He also innovated a lot and he created new products for other industries and made money out of it.2. How have you benefited from the assembly talk?I learnt that problems can be new passages to ways of innovating.
1) I learnt that problems that we observe are opportunities for entrepreneurs. Follow your passions and observe flaws in the society where you are able to start a business. To start a business, you must have an advantage towards the existing companies working in the same industry. If you don't have a market advantage, don't bother creating a company with similar products.2) I have benefited as I had gained new knowledge regarding entrepreneurship from Mr Fernandez. It leave us to thinking of what we are passioned for. This has also left many of us to be more observant of the current society for us to find opportunities in.
1) I learnt that some businesses can start by accident. And we have to stand out of the rest so you can be best at your niche and gain a lot of profits. I also learnt that problems are opportunities to come up with something innovative.2) I learnt about how to be innovative and be best at your niche so you can gain a lot of profits. I have an idea of how I can start a successful business now.
1. I learnt that it is possible to make a successful business out of something like catching insects, and that it needs a lot of effort and time to learn extra information needed in the business, and that a company always has to keep adapting to the needs of the current affairs in the world.2. I understand that it is important to keep improving oneself in order to stay one step ahead of the global market. We also need to observe the safety of others during the business.
1. networking of friends and mentors are very important:)2. Toilet is a very good place to generate fresh ideas3. Problems are the camouflage of success4. Have a presentation that impacts on the audience5. Strategies of promoting your product:such as by publishing the date of the product (E.g how much gems the product kills)6. Positive mind-set7. Determined and focused.How have i benefited from the talk:Somehow, I saw a man who started his business small & keen on keeping himself abreast of the current technology and affairs:) I truly felt that he put in his efforts and time into his business. I think his network of friends and mentors really helped him a lot. And I think the reason he is so successful is because he is making the world a better place.Your attitude determines your altitude.The story of his friend getting 1million dollars after turning the business of a company inspired me a lot.
1. Interesting notes/lessons learnt from Mr Thomas Fernandez?He mentioned that he came into this business by accident. He was not willing to kill insects and pests but he still started up the company, Pestbusters. Although his main focus was in killing pests, he started Germbusters as one of his additional jobs.2. How have you benefited from the assembly talk?I learnt what mindset I should have to be a entrepreneur and how to advertise my company.
1. The want to stand out from other companies inspired him to compete and take them down. It was only when he entered business that the dream came, and he points out that if one wants to be unrestricted, and do their own thing, then one should be an entrepreneur.2. I was quite inspired by Mr Thomas Fernandez's talk, and being an entrepreneur is becoming more of an option for me. I like to be unrestricted in what i do without rules being set by someone else, so being an entrepreneur is starting to stand out from the other careers i currently have.
1. I learnt that innovators have to give it a shot and be innovative. Trying out different methods to solve the problem could provide some improvement in the products we think of.2. I found out some of the difficulties Mr Thomas Fernandez faced when he was setting up his company, and what he did to improve business.
1) I have learnt that to be an entrepreneur one need to be very focus, know the objective and have quick thinking skills and reaction. Once a problem arises, there will be opportunity to earn a lot of money by solving the problem. 2) I now know that being an entrepreneur one need to have critical thinking skills and need to be innovative. Only with these then one can solve many problems and foresee the problems that will arises in the future. People do not need to be rich to be an entrepreneur but still one would need some finds to start up the interest of one.
I feel that it is very unique to set-up a pest control company.And in fact, it was shocking to realise that there is around 210 pest control company! We need to grab all opportunities available. Mr Thomas Fernandez actually didn't plan to go into this business. It was all by an accident.I should be more humble just like Mr Thomas Fernandez. I must also have passion for what im doing. Sometimes we just have to adapt to the situation.
I learnt from Mr Thomas Fernandez that businesses can be started by accident. I also learnt that standing out is a competitive advantage, and innovations can make that happen. I benefited a lot from the assembly talk. I learn that by thinking critically, entrepreneurs can innovate and become successful. I also realised that a problem is a business opportunity if there is solution.
1. He first started to catch insects and it was an accident that led him to become an entrepreneur.2. I learnt that as long as we persevere we can succeed.
"It inspired me to compete and to take them down. I enjoyed the challenge and each time I get an award, it just encourages me to go even further."Be innovative. The media is important.
He did not want to start a pest management at first and he had to go all the way to USA in order to learn how to kill pests and vermin.We have to be innovative in order to be successful
1) He has a unique ability to convert any set-back or problem into a good thing for his company.2) The media is a good friend and innovation is important.